Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dogma

Sometimes I forget how much is seeping out of my mouth and into my daughters belief systems. Everything I say, pretty much is completly forming this child's reality, and that is a lot of responsibility.
Then first time I noticed this was when she is asking me what happens when you die, and I told her, you get reborn agian.
I remember the feeling of, wow I am in total charge of this persons well being on every level imagineable, and probably some I don't know about.
That one I believe as a pretty much absolute, and as I am explaining about the unneccessary need to get upset about flowers dieing because the grow again in the spring, I feel like she could relate these two together.
But am I willing to let this one go, I mean am I going to fight for this one, or others? Do I get to do that? Actually no I don't think I do. She gets to free think and I get to explain without any expectation on her outcome. I can offer I suppose, but not demand.
There goes all my issues I hold against my mother!

No comments: